Get updates from The Human Revolution!
Every once in a while an artist emerges that just touches that perfect place inside, Human is one of those artists. Backed by The Human Revolution, an impressive rotating cast of master musicians, Human has been leading the way for politically, socially, and ecologically charged performers and songwriters for over a decade. Guests and past members of the lineup have included: Jeff Pevar (Ray Charles, Crosby Stills and Nash, Jazz is Dead), Donny "Divino" Smith (Willie Nelson), Roger Fritz (Sheryl Crow, Shelby Lynn) "Uncle" Don Lopez (Willie Nelson, Willie K), Gene Parsons (The Byrds), David Mayfield (Cadillac Sky, Avett Brothers), Jessica Lea Mayfield, Alice Di Micele, Kailen Yong (Boulder Acoustic Society) and MC Radioactive (Spearhead) to name a few. The Human Revolution boasts an eclectic mix of styles with a definitive foundation in that roots-rock country style of music, we call it Mystic Americana. Songs transition gently from ecstatic dance beats to tearjerker ballads, from modern political rockers to positive roots reggae, carrying the audience on a journey which changes, often with the band, from show to show.
Factoids and other fun stuff...
- The Human Revolution is currently touring the US and Hawai'i, and working on their seventh album titled "Small Town" with long time bassist and engineer Peter Temple in Albion, CA. Small Town presents some of the most commercial sounding tracks from the band so far, but stays true to their mystic underground roots. The album is due to be released by spring 2012.
- Human recently relocated to Costa Rica after 10 years on the West Coast. He continues to perform and tour locally and nationally and the band has bases in Mendocino, CA and Ashland, OR.
- Human is a self-inspired spokesperson for theeco-sustainable-social-political urges in the country
- Human was musically raised in the intimate Northeast Ohio music scene with fellow performers David Mayfield (Cadillac Sky, The Avett Brothers), Jessica Lea Mayfield, Jeremy Abshire (Dale Ann Bradley), and The Black Keys.
- Human received the 2007 AMMA Video of the Year Award for the music video of "Tree of Life"
- The "Tree of Life" music video has received over 250,000 views online
- Human was the Grand Prize Winner of the 2007 Art of Heart Songwriting Contest for his song "My Community"
- The Human Revolution opened for Willie Nelson in French's Camp, CA on Labor Day 2008.
- Human is a former member of the all-star musical group 'Pioneers of the New Dawn.' Band mates included Bill Bottrell (Michael Jackson, Madonna, Travelling Wilburys), Roger Fritz (Sheryl Crow, Shelby Lynn) and Bay Area Jazz drummer Jimmy Gallagher.
- The Human Revolution was selected to headline the annual 4:20 party at the 2009 Seattle Hempfest.
- The Human Revolution headlined the San Diego Earthfest, the "World's Largest Earth Day Event" twice, in 2006 and 2010.
- Human and longtime bass player and engineer Peter Temple produced conscious pop-diva TES' 2008 debut album "Awake in the Dream".
- All 'The Human Revolution' merchandise including: shirts, promo cards, albums, etc, are produced as ecologically as is commercially available using plant-based inks, organic cotton, and PCW recycled paper.
- The Human Revolution has been travelling primarily in alternative fuel vehicles since 2004 utilizing SVO, biodiesel, and E-85 ethanol whenever possible.